In the ten years’ since, BBA Aviation has continued to evolve. Today we are primarily focused on providing services to customers in the attractive and growing Business & General Aviation (B&GA) and legacy aftermarket support markets and around 90% of our business is in North America. Through growing Signature, continuing to invest in our IP-protected licence and authorization portfolio and exiting our commercial aviation services business, we have continued to focus the Group in areas which are highly cash generative and where we see the potential to generate enhanced returns on capital on a through cycle basis.
Going forward, in Signature Flight Support we have a unique and high quality global network of more than 200 FBO locations, with an unrivalled ability to satisfy the needs of our customers at the locations they want to fly to. We are now focused on optimizing this unique global network of FBOs, through the provision of a broad range of B&GA services to our extensive customer base, utilizing knowledge and skills from across the Group, to reduce their total cost of flying. In our aftermarket services businesses, ERO and Ontic, we will continue to leverage our technical and customer expertise and concentrate on optimizing performance. Across the Group we will continue to deploy capital to growth opportunities that offer good returns.
Group Business Model
- Long-term structural growth in flying hours, particularly in B & GA;
- Fragmented and large addressable markets;
- Diversified customer base;
- Low asset intensity.
What sets us apart:
- Market leadership;
- Value-added focus;
- Barriers to entry;
- Track record of market outperformance;
- Customer-relevant network;
- Strong and extensive customer relationships and deep customer knowledge;
- Aligned, values-led organization;
- Extensive intellectual property protected technical skills and service offering.
How we create value:
- Satisfying a greater proportion of our customers' demand at more places that they want to fly to;
- Providing a broader range of value-added B&GA services through this unique network;
- Utilizing customer knowledge to drive innovation in quality and type of service;
- Leveraging customer and technical knowledge across Group;
- Further growing our FBO, licence and authorization portfolio;
- Extending the operational life of legacy platforms;
- Continued improvement in underlying efficiency; reduced costs of delivery;
- Deploying capital in a disciplined way.